The Bride's Blog
Being the mother of the bride means everyone will be looking your way, so it's important that you find the perfect dress. This year, ditch the frumpy frocks and light up the room in a stylish and elegant gown with tips from the runways hottest trends.
Textured pieces are the perfect way to flatter your curves without creating a bulky effect. This season, tiered skirts make a dramatic return to the runway with soft waves of delicate silks and chiffons. Complete the style with a brooch pinned high on your waist to draw the eye and accentuate your figure.
Everything old is new again, and wedding trends are no exception. A truly classic look, capes have become a part of many contemporary bridal gowns and have made their way into bridesmaid and mother of the bride dresses as well. Avoid heavy fabrics that can feel chunky, and opt instead for sheer materials that drape softly to show off your shoulders.
If you're looking to show off a cape, you have to start with the perfect dress. Cap sleeves are a chic way to show off a little shoulder without going sleeveless, and make a statement on their own or underneath a sheer accent cape. Play with a lace bodice that extends into a high collar, or experiment with the runway's favourite tight fitting lace sleeves for mother of the bride dresses that truly stand out from the crowd.
Neutrals are a staple of any season, but champagne nudes steal the show in 2017. A contemporary take on the typical gold and silver neutrals for mother of the bride, champagne adds a unique air of refinement and elegance. Make sure to test nude colour palettes against your daughter's gown, and always go for the slightly deeper shade if you're afraid your gown may be too pale.
Sometimes tradition is perfect just the way it is, and florals are a classic of wedding style. Keep your look warm with a floor length pastel gown with delicate floral patterns, or play up a modern take with a flounced skirt and bright accent colours.
If bulky gowns are weighing you down, visit First Bridal Boutique and say goodbye to frumpy mother of the bride dresses. Try these fun trends straight off the runway to look perfect on your daughter's perfect day!
Your wedding is a magical day, but it can also take a lot of care to make everything perfect. There are a couple key rules to follow when shopping for bridesmaid dresses that can help make your planning a piece of cake.
Consider the Budget
Being a bridesmaid is an honour, but it can also be a financial challenge for some of your friends. Particularly if you're doing a destination wedding or something that requires travel, try to be considerate of how much your girls will be spending on your special day. The best thing you can do is have an honest conversation before you start shopping, and ask your bridesmaids how much they feel comfortable spending on a dress.
Pick Something Universal
If you're going to have all of your bridesmaids in the same dress, try to choose a style that will complement everyone. Consider hair colour and skin tone when choosing your palette, and pick a cut that will flatter all body types. Washed hues tend to complement most complexions, so avoid bright colours and eye catching details and stick to a simple, elegant cut.
Let Others Weigh In
Sometimes a second opinion can be just what you need. If you're going to have your bridesmaids weigh in on their dresses, there are a couple ways you can do it.
Set a colour and style palette, and let your bridesmaids choose their own dresses from there. Mismatched gowns can be a trendy way to make sure everyone can wear something they love.
If you're doing matched gowns, let each bridesmaid pick something she likes - be it a fabric, a cut, so that everyone has something they love about their dress while still staying within your style for the wedding.
Getting the perfect dress can be tricky, so make sure to give you and your girls plenty of time to find gowns that look great on everyone. It's best to start browsing at least six months before your wedding to avoid any stress. Once you have ordered your gowns you may need to have some altered to fit, so it's always best to give yourself a little extra time to make any changes you feel are necessary.
Most of all, remember to have fun! Wedding planning can be stressful, but with the help of First Bridal Boutique you can find the perfect bridesmaid dresses with ease.
As the mother of the bride, you will be with her every step of the way on her special day. From planning to reception, stand out in a beautiful dress from a store in Kitchener today.
Elegant and Refined
This year is all about elegance, so choose a dress that shows off your formal side. A deep V-line with exposed shoulders draws attention to your collar, creating a body-flattering effect. Pair the gown with dangling earrings for a stunning look that is sure to turn heads.
Complement and Stand Out
You want to honour your daughter's special day, so base your dress around the theme she has chosen for her wedding. Play within the colour palette of the bridesmaids, but keep a unique look by wearing a dress with a statement neckline or unique cut. Assistants in the store can help you find a dress that will balance the bride's style, while still making sure to stand out from the crowd.
Play with Details
Explore your playful side with petite details to embellish your look. Big bows filled the runway this year, so bring the trend home with a mother of the bride dress that ties at the waist to flatter your figure. For a more reserved take on the style, accessorize with petite bows on your clutch, jewelry, and shoes.
Dark tones steal the show again this winter, featuring royal blues, purples, and deep rose. A floor length gown adds elegance to your look, while the dark palette creates a slimming effect. Floral makes a dramatic return this season, so let the fun prints and refined royal tones blend together for your perfect evening wear.
Lace is a staple of any wedding, a classic look for both mother and bride. Bring a contemporary flair to the traditional look by mixing textures within your outfit. A chiffon skirt and satin top create a fun look for the reception, and balance your curves for a flattering style. For the ceremony, a classic silk gown gets a makeover with lace sleeves and detailing along the hem.
When you are searching for perfect mother of the bride dresses , make sure to visit bridal stores in Kitchener . Find elegant, body-flattering gowns with personal assistance in store, to make you look and feel beautiful on the special day of your daughter's wedding.
If you are helping your best friend get ready for her
big day, you may be searching for the best Bridal Stores in Kitchener area as
you begin shopping for bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses. Your BFF and Bride-to-Be is probably feeling
overwhelmed with the amount of work that goes into planning a wedding, and
could use some assistance along with some comfort that only a best friend can
provide. There are several things that
you can do to help her alleviate some stress and focus on the joy of her
Help Her Find the Best Bridesmaid Dresses Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge Bridal Boutiques Have at the Best Prices
Helping your friend to decide on the perfect Bridesmaid dresses is an important task as they will live on forever in cherished photos and you want your best friends to feel comfortable and beautiful all evening. The First Bridal Boutique is well known for our outstanding customer service and for having the most beautiful bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses Kitchener , Waterloo, and Cambridge bridal boutiques have at the best prices. Your friend will thank you for bringing her in as we’ll take a load off of your to-do list with our knowledgeable and friendly bridal specialists providing personal assistance to find the perfect dresses at an affordable cost.
Don’t Forget to Help Her with Tradition
Helping your friend to find something Old, something New, something Borrowed and something Blue is tradition, and she would appreciate some input from her best friend. Other things you can do on the big day are to make sure that she is comfortable all evening by bringing a pair of flat comfortable shoes for her to change into, taking candid photos that the photographers may not have access to take, and help her hold her dress or make a quick change any time she needs your help. Talk with The First Bridal Boutique, well known among Bridal Stores Kitchener and surrounding areas for our expertise and friendly assistance, for more tips on how to help your friend on her special day.
Get Away and Have Some Fun!
You can help your friend prepare for her wedding, by taking her mind off of it once in awhile, and have some fun that does not relate to the wedding or the bachelorette party. Either just the two of you, or a group of best girlfriends could go out to see a good chick flick that her husband-to-be wouldn’t particularly enjoy, or schedule a spa day with a relaxing massage. Once you help her with shopping for bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses from The First Bridal Boutique, you will have some free time to relax and just be best friends for a day.
The First Bridal Boutique provides personal assistance for custom fittings, elegant gowns from European designers , hand-made embellishments and high-quality fabrics at an affordable cost to you. We have the most beautiful Bridal Gowns and Bridesmaid Dresses Kitchener offers to make your special day the happiest day of your life. Contact us today for personal assistance for all your formal wedding attire.
If you are searching for the perfect dress to wear to an upcoming wedding, the First Bridal Boutique has the widest selection of stylish wedding guest dresses and Bridal Gowns Kitchener area dress shops have to offer. We have the latest fashions and trends, with seasonal designer collections at affordable prices. The First Bridal Boutique has the most amazing collection of cocktail, evening gowns and Bridal Gowns Cambridge , Kitchener and surrounding bridal boutiques offer in a wide range of sizes and colours.
Personal Attention from Bridal Stores Kitchener
The advantage of visiting Bridal Stores Kitchener area over department stores or shopping online is that you will receive personal attention to find the perfect dress, with just the right fit for you. Our dress fitting specialists make every dress purchase an individual and fun experience, with custom made to measure dresses for all occasions. We carry the most elegant Bridal Gowns Kitchener boutiques carry from European designers including Mary Bride, Lorange, Elena Morar and many more.
The First Bridal Boutique carries an impressive collection of wedding gowns for brides, bridesmaids, and guests, including the most beautifully hand-crafted Bridal Gowns Kitchener, Cambridge boutiques carry in affordable options.
High Quality Wedding Dresses in Affordable Options
At the First Bridal Boutique, you won’t sacrifice quality to stay within your budget. Our line of high quality dresses features hand-crafted lace embellishments and high-quality fabrics, with the most affordable selection of evening gowns available in Bridal Stores Kitchener, Ontario.
Call or stop by our charming boutique to find the perfect dress to wear to any wedding, and enjoy personal service from experienced dress specialists. Whether shopping for dresses for the bride, the wedding party, mother-of-the-bride, or evening gowns for guests, The First Bridal Boutique has just what you’re looking for.
The First Bridal Boutique is conveniently located in Kitchener’s Frederick Street Mall, with easy access and convenient parking. Contact us today for a personal fitting from one of our wedding dress specialists to look amazing in the perfect dress for you.
Make your appointment with the First Bridal Boutique for personal assistance in finding the perfect bridal gowns the Kitchener area has to offer. Conveniently located in central Kitchener’s Frederick Street mall, we have a wide selection of exquisite European textiles, stunning handmade designs, matching accessories and much more.
Brides seeking their own unique Bridal Gowns in our Kitchener location boutique will find exactly what they’re looking for at the First Bridal Boutique. We have a passion for making your vision a reality with personal attention for a special learning and planning experience.
Bridal Gowns for Every Bride’s Body Shape and Style
The First Bridal Boutique and our wedding gown experts provide exceptional service to every bride, no matter the size or shape, with unique styles to match your personality.
Contact us at the First Bridal Boutique for the most beautiful Bridal Gowns the Cambridge and Kitchener bridal shops have to offer, with personal attention and custom fittings. We provide dresses and accessories for the entire wedding party.
While traditional gowns have a classic beauty, many brides today seek a contemporary style. Fortunately, 2017 is developing into an exciting year in wedding fashion. If you are after an eye-catching style, our bridal gowns in Kitchener offer plenty of exciting new looks— let’s explore a few.
Veils are out. Capes are in.
You'll feel like a superwoman when you walk down the aisle towards your adoring family and husband-to-be. So why not have a cape on your back? You’ll find full-length bridal cape options as well as shorter capelet options.
Calling all collars!
For the upscale, corporate diva, a collared gown is a compelling choice. Do your hair up and adorn yourself with a pair of classy statement earrings. This will direct attention to your neck, while also lengthening your appearance.
Fall deeply in love with the deep V-Neckline.
A dramatic V-Neckline is the perfect way to show off your upper body, regardless of your bust size. Find one adorned with a scalloped lace design for an elegant look or go for a more simplistic V for a slimming effect. Remember your double-sided Topstick tape so you can leave something to your guests' imagination.
Show off those shoulders!
Exposed shoulders have been a very popular runway look throughout the Spring 2017 fashion season. To go along with your deep neckline, an exposed shoulder gown can really turn up the heat!
Florals are still in.
2016’s wedding season was all about the floral and the 3d floral appearance , and that hasn’t entirely gone away. Some of our floral bridal gowns in Kitchener f eature streamer sleeves which add motion to your look.
Big bows steal the show.
Designers including Oscar de la Renta, Caroline Herrera and many more are incorporating some form of oversized bow in their 2017 wedding gown lineup. Some will situate a bow in the middle of the dress' back while others will have it set along the waistline.
Kissed by a rose.
Indeed bold colours are back. Rose-coloured dresses along with royal blue are among two of this season’s most sought after designs.
Regardless of your wedding garb of choice, you’ll be able to turn every head on both sides of the aisle if you incorporate even one of these hot bridal-wear trends. Try a few and really be prepared for non-stop photo ops. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- SET A BUDGET. Shopping without a cutoff point is like driving without a gas gauge—trust us on this. Plan to spend about 10 percent of your overall budget on your dress. But consider this number a starting point. If fashion is more important to you than, say, flowers or music, increase your dress spending and scale back in other places, go easy on the gown and shell out for a great photographer or band if those are your top priorities.
- START EARLY. It takes about six to 12 months from the moment you place the order to when you can bring the gown home, so once you have that ring on your finger, it's game on. The designer needs four or five months to make it, and then you'll want to schedule three fittings, about one month apart. Giving yourself lots of time also guarantees that you’ll be able to fit in a variety of shopping experiences, from appointments at bridal boutiques to designer trunk shows.
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. Once you have an idea of what you want, it's time to schedule appointments in bridal shops, department stores with full-service salons. If you have specific designers in mind, find out which stores carry them. Most places don't operate on a walk-in basis, so call for appointments at least two weeks in advance. And while a Saturday slot may seem like a no-brainer, we’d warn against it if you're looking for a laid-back experience. The store is almost always at capacity then. The energy is a little crazy so the better choice would be a Wednesday, early afternoon, is typically the slowest.
- LIMIT YOUR ENTOURAGE. On reality shows, brides always bring a whole crew of friends and family members to join in on the shopping fun. And every single time, there's loads of drama. The takeaway? Less is more when it comes to companions. Bring one or two people whose input means the most to you. Otherwise, you'll spend too much time trying on gowns they picked out and steering the conversation back to what you want. If you can't imagine not including all of your friends, invite them to your final fitting and make a dramatic entrance for the big reveal.
- PRIMP BEFOREHAND. The great thing about most bridal salons is that the lighting is flattering, and the mirrors don't distort your frame. But do put some effort into getting ready for your appointment. You want to feel confident in the dresses you try on, and it helps the consultant get a sense of your style. If you arrive with wet hair and no makeup, it's a lot harder for the staff to pull dresses you might like. Be sparing on the makeup so you don’t soil the gowns you try on. Bring any items you want to wear down the aisle and wear a strapless nude bra and a seamless thong or brief. Keep in mind that you'll be changing in front of people.
- WHICH WHITE IS RIGHT? Wedding dresses come in hundreds of shades of white. In terms of general categories, you’ll find “diamond white,” also known as “silk white,” and light, medium, and dark ivory, but these vary quite a bit depending on the designer. Most gowns don’t actually come in pure white, which is good because it washes out all but the darkest skin tones. Sometimes the material also has an unbecoming bluish cast. Diamond white, which is a little creamier, is the most popular choice and looks great with most complexions. Light ivory is also fairly universally flattering. If you’re pale, medium to dark ivory can provide a nice contrast that will help brighten up the skin. Always try on dresses in a few different shades to determine what looks best on you.
- WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE STYLES? Two styles That are popular right now are the one-shoulder dresses and the dresses with illusion necklines. The latter have a sheer fabric overlay that extends from bust to collar, providing some coverage while still looking sexy. Both styles are flattering on most brides, incredibly chic, and I predict they’ll stand the test of time. Take a look at what's already in your closet when trying to decide what shapes will work. You don't have to start totally from scratch. If you're super confused about what silhouettes might work for you, take a peek in your closet. Do you tend to favour skater-style dresses? Do you really like spaghetti straps? If there are certain similarities in a lot of the items that are already in your wardrobe, you may want to think about incorporating them into your gown.
- HOW MANY DRESSES SHOULD YOU TRY ON? There's no perfect number of dresses to try on. Don't get frustrated. It could be your first dress, it could be your 50th dress. There's no telling when the moment will happen.
- YOU NEED BLING! Don’t forget about the headpiece, veil, shoes, and all the other little details that are going to complement your dress. Your dress is just one part of the whole picture. There’s also jewelry, your veil, hair pieces, shoes, and way more to consider. As your buying your dress, think about the other pieces that'll come into play.
Special order veils or headpieces often take just as long as custom gowns to be created, so factor in that time when you're considering those items.
- REMEMBER, IT’S JUST A DRESS. Yes, it's just a dress. Yes, it's your dress, but the wedding gown is just one part of the whole shebang, and shouldn't eclipse the reason for the day—the special man or lady you're marrying. Keep your dress buying stress in check by remembering the point of the whole thing—to celebrate your love.